ABOUT THE GED LEARNING CENTER
The GED Learning Center (GLC) works to prepare second-chance adult learners to obtain their GED credential. We seek to serve students by offering free or low cost educational support, engaging students with cultural and real world curriculum, and building GED graduates to become work and college-ready.
At the completion of the program, GED graduates will have:
- Actively engaged in flexible enrollment options for full and part time studies
- Built academic mastery from instruction that incorporates cultural and real world curriculum
- Committed to receiving guided support from instructors, peers, and community leaders
- Offered alumni support through an aftercare leadership program, linking graduates to college, vocational, job training, and other leadership opportunities
The GED Learning Center welcomes second-chance adult learners from all communities.
We offer 4 unique enrollment options to support the busy adult learner.
- Pre-GED offers support with grammar, writing, and reading comprehension for part-time learners.
- Self-Paced is for the self-driven and focused student. This option is a go-at-your-own-pace to GED success for full and part-time learners.
- Accelerated is the quickest route to GED success. Students will attend evening classes for 4 weeks followed by 2 weeks of intensive studying and testing, one subject at a time.
- Adult Work Training Program (AWTP) partners with the GLC to offer academic support for students employed by the Adult Work Training Program. Contact AWTP for details (click here.)
Learn more about our free program by clicking here. And call the GED Learning Center at (253) 876-3183 to begin your GED journey!